Saturday, April 14, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

I'm now up an running on my new server with the look and feel, warts and all, of my old blog and all my previous posts restored. Pleases drop by and have a look.

I hope you will find that a few things have improved. As you can see, many internal links do not work. For example, comments should process much faster. Because of this, I plan to make the comments link a little more prominent. But comments my not work on some older posts. On the other hand, some links and images may not work correctly. I'll work on these as I find them. I still need to "import" the few posts I did here. I plan to keep this site up for at least a little while.

I hope to return to my once or twice a day posts at the old place on the new server. In addition, to making the comments link more prominent, I have some other improvements in mind. Because I can now rebuild the over 1000 posts in a few seconds rather than the several hours it took with my old server, it will be much easier to make changes.

This has been more of an adventure than I thought it would be. I have learned a lot about system security and other things that kept the bad guys out but also kept me from doing what I knew needed to be done. Once I got all those things more or less figured out and rewrote a couple of Perl scripts to use explicit variable references, the last few steps were quite easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home